propose du Board Telangana Open School Society (TOSS), a self-autonomous society formed on February 20, 1991, under the Andhra Pradesh Public Societies Act, lay the groundwork for open and distance learning (ODL) in the state. As a result, it became the first school in India to offer continuing education at all levels using the ODL methodology to anyone who couldn’t choose to finish their studies for any reason. By giving them access to chances for skill up-levelling through new technologies and sustainable learner-centric quality school education, the initiative seeks to empower the working population, girls, rural youth, adult neo literates, individuals with disabilities, SCs, STs, and school dropouts. TOSS has worked to make the Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) a reality in the state ever since its beginnings.
Recognition and endorsements
The Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), the Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), an association of National and State School Education Boards, and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) have all accepted and recognized TOSS as a member.
Registration online and the admissions process
1. The student must request a free copy of the prospectus and admission form from their preferred accredited institute (study centre).
2. Must carefully read the Prospectus. Fill out two sets of the Form (Original and Duplicate), located in the Prospectus at Appendix-A/B, after confirming that you meet the qualifying requirements in all respects.
3. The AI Coordinator will attest to them with a seal and signature after carefully reviewing the Form.
4. There is no cost for the applicant to pay at the AI Centre.
5. The Study Centre Coordinator must receive the Enclosures and the Original Copy of the Form.
6. Bring a duplicate copy of the application and the registration fee to the “Meese” centre. Upload the ONLINE application lastly. In addition to TOSS fees, you will now need to pay Rs. 10 to use Moiseeva
7. You will be given a printout copy of the online application that has been submitted and the fee receipt.
8. The modifications to the ONLINE application will be made by the District Coordinator.
9. Online application registration does not ensure admission.
10. The form will be rejected if it is missing a photo, a signature, or any required attachments.
11. Once paid, the admission fee is non-refundable.
TOSS began offering SSC courses through accredited institutes (AIs) in 2008–09, and Intermediate courses starting in 2010–11.
TOSS administers two important tests:
1) The Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination for students in the tenth grade
2) The Intermediate test for students in grades 10+2?
Qualifications for the SSC exam:
any of the aforementioned records
1. A Transfer Certificate (TC), if you stopped attending school.
2. The student must be at least 14 years old.
3. Birth Record?
Qualifications for the Intermediate Exam:
1. Should have passed the Intermediate Drop-Out test or the SSC or its equivalent
Should there be a one-year break following SSC in order to finish Intermediate in a year?
Dates related to Admissions
Think about the following
|SSC exam||July 2022|
|Intermediate exam||Not released yet|
Honors and accomplishments
With the launch of the SSC (TOSS) course and the Intermediate (TOSS), TOSS has accomplished a significant milestone in its mission to engage with those who have left the mainstream of education. After beginning with a little step when the Telangana government sought to increase the transition rate from Class V to Class VI by luring dropouts to Open School through ODL mode, it had truly come a long way.
TOSS is the recognized organization that releases the Inter and SSC course materials on the official telanganaopenschool.org website.
A CLASS X
A student must pass in five subjects (including one or a maximum of two language papers from group ‘A’ and two topics from group ‘B’) to receive the SSC passing certificate. A vocational subject from group “C” can be chosen to bring the total to five subjects. If not, they can choose either group “B” (restricted to two subjects) or group “A” for the fifth subject. Additionally, students are permitted to choose one other subject.
|GROUP – A||GROUP – B||GROUP – C|
|201 Hindi||211 Mathematics||822 Tailoring, Designing & Dress Making|
|202 English||212 Science & Technology||841 Cell Phone Mechanism|
|204 Marathi||213 Social Studies||842 Electrician and house wiring|
|205 Telugu||214 Economics||844 Welding|
|206 Urdu||215 Business Studies||845 Masonry|
|208 Kannada||216 Home Science||846 Carpentry|
|233 Oriya||222 Psychology||851 Computer Course|
|237 Tamil||223 Indian Culture & Heritage||853 Pre-School Teacher Training|
|–||–||863 Automobile Mechanism|
|–||–||870 Beautician & Health Care|
LEVEL – XII
A student must pass a minimum of five topics (including one or a maximum of two languages from group A and a minimum of two subjects from group B) in order to receive the intermediate passing certificate. Additionally, students may select a vocational course from group “C.” If not, they can choose the fifth subject that adds up to five topics from group “A” (limited to two subjects) or group “B” (3 or four subjects). Candidates may, though, choose one additional subject.
|GROUP – A||GROUP – B||GROUP – C|
|301 Hindi||311 Mathematics||335 Mass Communication|
|302 English – Compulsory||312 Physics||404 Early Childhood Care & Education|
|305 Telugu||313 Chemistry||426 Apparel Fashion Designing|
|306 Urdu||314 Biology||430 Computer Science|
|310 Arabic||315 History||460 Hotel Front Office Operation|
|–||316 Geography||462 Soil and Fertilizer Management|
|–||317 Political Science/Civics||–|
|–||319 Commerce/Business Studies||–|
|–||321 Home Science||–|
|–||335 Mass Communication||–|
TOSS – TELANGANA will start offering SSC and Intermediate level courses in various Indian languages in 2022.
TOSS 2022 results will be made public by the second or third week of December 2022.
Features and flexibility of TOSS 1. Subject Choice: Any subject combination from the Group lists, presented in accordance with the Scheme’s criteria, may be selected.
2. Language of Instruction: The TOSS SSC course is available in English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, and Oriya media.
3. Age restriction: There is no maximum age for entrance, however the subject must be older than 14 as of the admission year’s 31st August.
FAQ: Are diplomas from open colleges recognized?
A. The certificates given by TOSS are accepted for application to all higher education institutions as well as government jobs. They are equal to Intermediate/SSC at their respective levels.
What grades are covered by open enrollment?
A. Open schooling entails teaching students from the pre-elementary stage all the way up to the pre-degree stage.